Work on 2020 yearbook continues

Tanatswa Chivero

A photo that will be in the 2020 yearbook.

Tala Serhan, Staff Writer

The WMS yearbook club has been working hard to design the Westside Middle School 2020 yearbook. It includes all the pictures of the seventh and eighth grade students.  The theme of the 2020 school yearbook is “live your best story.” Also, the yearbook club has been taking photos of students doing activities such as football, school spirit, volleyball and StuCo.

The yearbook students have faced many problems in the making of the book. Conflicting ideas on empty space was one of the main issues. Now that they have overcome the problems, they are planning to have a creative, successful yearbook.

“I think the yearbook class is awesome! The students are super creative in this class. They have been working very hard on their pages to make an awesome book for our students and staff,” said Cynthia Royer, a yearbook sponsor.

Throughout the making of the book, students have learned many things. Student editor, Tanatswa Chivero, said

I have learned about the importance of planning ahead,” said Tanatswa Chivero, student editors. “Lots of pages near the end of the book involve events that happened early in the school year, so we have to know what our pages are about and prepare accordingly before the deadline.”